Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our V-Day

In my opinion, Valentine's Day is just like any other day. Although, like NYE, the two days share an enormous amount of pressure.... Are there flowers? Chocolates? A love letter? Who's significant other spent the most on an over-the-top display of affection?

Even though I think this day is obnoxious, a wave of romance came over me yesterday afternoon and I was left with wanting to do something special for my man. Turned into a really fun evening where my fabulous friend Stacy and I cooked a surprise meal for our husbands.

The Menu:
- Bread & Butter (duh)
- Caesar Salad (homemade- not from a bag!)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (stuffed with STUFFING)
- Lemon & Rosemary Potatoes
- And a Heart Shaped Brownie/Cool-Whip/Strawberry cake that was just to die for (divided brownie batter between a square pan and a circular cake pan then turned the square cake on a diagonal and cut the circular cake down the middle to attach each piece to the side of the square and create the heart shape!)

Here are some pics:

We had such a fun time cooking, getting the table ready and candles lit and ultimately surprising the guys. We were very thankful that after 8 or 9 times going off, the smoke detector kept quiet when they finally arrived. I'm guessing that was due to the cooking bacon grease...

Lots of laughs and stories ensued at dinner and then we finished the night off by watching our favorite scenes in Titanic. We're all strangely obsessed with that movie and between the four of us, know various quotes throughout the film.

Hope everyone else had a nice day and that you showed someone your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me some love....