Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On leaving my job...

Today marks the end of an era. Today, I said goodbye to the successful women who chose to bring a fresh college grad onto their team. Today, I said goodbye to the building I still remember walking into for my interview while dreaming this job would become a reality. It was my very first "real job" at my absolute dream company. 

Earlier this year, I figured out what it is I want to spend my career doing and made the very scary decision to leave my stable, comfortable job at a world-class company to pursue it. 

Today, as I live out this decision, I'm excited, scared, anxious, nervous, determined and a little sad. I'm walking away from a team environment where people cheer each other on and walking into a very competitive, sometimes cut-throat environment where everyone is trying to sell more than the other guy. I'm walking away from a salary and cutting my family's monthly income almost in half. I've been told it takes months and months to start making money in real estate and that's referring to the really, really great agents. That's pretty nerve racking to say the least. 

But, making a huge change is always scary. I think the scariest changes most of the time yield the greatest results. So, I'm jumping in with both feet. Can't wait to write this next chapter of my life. 

So, here it goes....


4 comments:

  1. Good luck Molly in your Journey as a realastate agent. Love you so much!!! I have faith in you. I am so proud of you Molly!!! xoxo
    Love Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. From all I've heard about you and seen on here, you sound like the right person for such a change. You are very inspiring Molly and I'm proud to be related to you :-) I wish you all the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited to see you become one of those really, really great agents =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies!! I so appreciate the love and support :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me some love....