Tuesday, February 4, 2014

More Healthy Eats!

In my last blog post, I shared some of our favorite recipes. I started Weight Watchers 3.5 weeks ago and have since done some further experimenting in the kitchen. Trying to find some new healthy staple meals to add to the dinner rotation.

Today, I wanted to share a couple recipes that those of us counting points (or just trying to eat better) can appreciate.

1) Turkey Enchilada Skillet. 6 pts/serving
I've never been a huge ground turkey fan, but OMG. This dish is fantastic. It was so good, I'm making it again tonight, not even a week later. It's basically this recipe but with browned ground turkey instead of shredded chicken. Make sure to grab a can of enchilada sauce next time you're at the grocery and then you'll probably have everything else to make this dish.


2) Iced Brownies!!! (I know what you're thinking. Weight Watcher approved? YES!) 3pts/brownie**
** If you cut them like I cut them, they're probably more like 4-5 points a serving. I'm not in to the teeny tiny little square piece, thanks.


Recipe here. If you ask me, no diet is sustainable if it doesn't allow sweet or salty foods. That's just ridiculous. People need their chocolate from time to time and these brownies ABSOLUTELY hit the spot. It made so many I froze some for a later date when I want something but don't have time to bake.

3) Egg, Ham & Cheese Muffins
These have been a lifesaver over the past week. You could put whatever veggies in here you want but with a quick 30 seconds in the microwave, these babies are ready to eat. And each muffin is 3 pts.


Recipe here.

4) I found it. A WW friendly recipe for MACARONI & CHEESE!!! At 6 points/serving, it's totally worth it to have this comfort food when you're craving it most.  Recipe here.

For the ladies I met at the WW meeting, hope you find these helpful. For anyone else reading, let me know if you try any of these. Hope you like them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me some love....