Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Recap

You know that feeling the morning after your birthday or Christmas where you're like "It's over? That was it? I have to wait another whole year?!" ? Well, I was pretty sure 2013 was going to be that for us. 2012 was full of the most incredible things like becoming first-time homeowners, wedding showers, exciting preparations, the big day itself and an amazing honeymoon. 2013 was set up to be good but how could it top 2012??

But it was a great year. Full of lots and lots of changes. Starting with the "what do I want to do with my life" thought that led me to pursue a completely different career path. In February, we adopted our 1 year old black lab. Bosley has brought so much joy to our lives and changed us for the better. We got to skip the potty training, the whining and crying in the crate and just jump right in to cuddling him and teaching him tricks. Spent some time taking him to training classes too so we could learn the basics and make sure he's a good pet.

The spring is sort of a blur because of some family stuff that happened. Happy we are all on the other side of that!

Summer was fun. Thanks to the help of my aunt, we did some landscaping and spent quality time making our yard a more beautiful place. Even put in a patio just the two of us but that was absolutely not even a little fun! Spent a really fun weekend cabrewing with college friends and had a blast at a lakehouse with some friends from around here. I did a lot of classwork and studying over the summer so I could get my license at the end of it.

Got my license in September and started my real estate journey. Went on a lovely anniversary trip to Hilton Head Island where we enjoyed time away from our everyday lives. Christmastime is always a little hectic given my husband's work schedule but like last year, we made it work and got to be with our families and extended families. I just got back today from a ridiculously fun 2 day trip in Louisville where two of my closest college friends and I rang in the New Year.

I'm really excited for this next year and whatever it will bring. I anticipate a lot of change again. Probably a lot of penny-pinching and maybe some tears as I work hard to get business or on deals that don't close. Whatever's in the works for 2014, I'm ready for it!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Molly I have faith in you!!! I love you and I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me some love....