Sunday, October 20, 2013

From Drab to Fab: Home Office!

Ever since I decided to pursue real estate, I knew I wanted to turn part of our basement into a home office. I'm pretty sure that's what the space was intended for but given the disgusting brown laminate flooring paired with the grey wood paneling, it didn't make for a homey, inspiring space.

I'll be working out of my home a lot- whether it's paperwork or computer work. I knew I wanted the space to feel bright, cheery and as un-basement-like as can be. 

Here's the space before we worked our magic:
I believe the word "dingy" comes to mind? Yes, I agree. Gross. 

First thing first: paint. I chose a very bright, pale blue. Lucky for me, I timed this little painting job on a weekend that Sherwin Williams had a 30% paint sale. Woot! Here's what the sample looked like:


Now for the more obvious, the desk. I didn't want a stuffy Office Max type thing, I wanted more of a table. I like the surface space and don't care as much about shelves. Plus, the lack of shelving means no junk drawer! I found this little gem on Craigslist for $50. 

My big splurge was the desk chair. Check out this beauty I found at a local furniture shop: 

It's the tufted back that gets me! It was discounted heavily since the right corner was a bit frayed. I didn't mind that at all- gives this piece some character!

Alright enough of all the one-off pictures. Here's the after pic! 

And another angle:

Here's the before and after right next to each other:

I'm in love. Being in this room just makes me happy! It's girly, it's bright and it's not boring. 

Can't wait to work here full-time!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me some love....