Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Most Incredible Pumpkin Cookies

Warning: I will be tooting my own horn in this post. Why? Because these cookies are absolutely phenomenal. Honestly, they taste like a tiny piece of heaven and it's 100% fitting Better Homes & Gardens calls them "Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies".

Here's what mine look like:

Are you drooling?

I first made these little beauties 3 years ago with my good friend Cate. We were looking for a Fall-inspired recipe and found these on Pinterest. Well, I have made these every Fall since. I just love hearing people rave about them - there's something so rewarding about someone enjoying your baked goods. It makes my heart happy. I think the ultimate compliment is when people ask about them the next year: "It's pumpkin season. Are you making your pumpkin cookies soon?" And guess what? They're actually VERY easy to make and one batch yields over 65 cookies!!! Talk about worth your time!

A link to the recipe will be included below. I'd like to add that I do not use 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of nutmeg spices in the cookies but instead 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I think it adds a little something extra! I do, however, sprinkle cinnamon on the top. Also, it says they bake for 10-12 minutes but I have found 13-14 works better in my oven. They're still the softest cookies ever, but under cooked if I follow the timing directions. Of course, this will be different for everyone depending on your oven.

Okay, okay. Here's the link: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/melt-in-your-mouth-pumpkin-cookies/

Happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me some love....